Friday, November 7, 2014

Things I would not buy online

When I do purchase online, I typically only buy from a well known company or a site I have used before, however, there are few things that I would choose not to purchase online. I do the majority of of my shopping online. I would estimate 80% of my total shopping. Going to the actual store for my goods has become a hassle. There are a few items that I would not purchase over the internet. One of those items are goods that are commonly faked, such as name brand purses, wallets, watches etc. I do not purchase items like these often, but I would not trust an online site if I were shopping for these goods. Too often, it seems that these items are more likely to be imposters than the real thing.

Another item I would likely not purchase online is big electronic, or appliance items, e.g., flat screen TV, refrigerator, stove. There are a couple reasons for this. Trying to return or exchange a faulty or damaged large electronic or appliance item could possibly post too much a challenge in an online setting, especially if the store is not local. I would also refrain from the online purchase of a big electronic or appliance, not because I do not trust the company selling it, but because I do not necessarily trust the handling of the package by the shipping company, USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment