Friday, November 7, 2014

HTML Page Construction

Honestly, before I started creating the webpage, even before I read the instructions, I had no faith that I would actually be able to build it. I started reading the directions and by step 2, I was thinking that this is not going to work. By step 4, I was ready to give up. I didn't understand if the word html was suppose to go in between the plus than and minus signs, or if it was just an example, or if the end tag went on the same line as the code or under it. Pretty confused right off the bat, but I don't even have beginning experience in computer code, what it means, or how it is built, so I was not to down on myself. I kept going though and added a title, "this is hard" to my soon to be webpage. I even added the tag code to my notepad for the red background that the instructions said to try. Still unsure, if I had the code written and placed like it should be. Then to my absolute delight step 10 had a visual example. Yes, my coding was mostly placed in the wrong spots, but the wording was right. Yeah! A half win. I fixed the placement of the tags and saved the notepad doc as the instructions directed. When I went back to open the file, I was absolutely sure there was no way it would actually work. I double clicked and, wait for it.... It worked! A big red screen with the words, "this is hard." I am still in shock. I cannot believe that I actually built a webpage, given it has only a title and background, it's still a pretty nice feeling. I am, however, a little surprised at the simplicity of the overall process: a saved notepad file and a double click. I am glad that I was able to have this experience. I may or may not use this knowledge again, but I am happy for the success.

No comments:

Post a Comment